You may have noticed that the Commission for Social Justice Educators Blog hasn’t had much content up lately. We want you to know that we are working behind the scenes to bring you an even better CSJE Blog experience in the new year. We have taken a hiatus from collecting and posting content to establish new strategies and processes for developing this important resource for our membership (and the many others who visit the Blog).
As many of you know, the CSJE Blog launched in 2012 and gained a broad readership over the next few years. Met with much success, the Blog has featured prominent student affairs and other higher education leaders commenting on and leading conversations around social justice issues in education. Importantly, the Blog has also featured graduate students, new professionals, and others with equally important messages and commentary to share.
As we move forward, we will continue to consider contributions from anyone and everyone who has a vested interest in social justice education. Not sure what you can contribute? Consider these guiding questions:
- What has been on your mind lately in regards to social justice issues and higher education?
- What are some hot topics on your campus?
- How can we best support students during these times?
- What are some practitioner needs right now?
Feel free to browse through past posts for inspiration or consider writing on one of the following topics:
- Minoritized student leadership development
- Social activism on campuses
- Presidential candidate platforms and their impact on higher education
- Islamophobia on campus
- Debates on gun carrying on campus
- Affirmative Action and college admissions
- Undocumented student access to and retention in college
- Post-marriage equality laws and next steps for LGBT activism
As we look toward 2016, especially at this time of immense social change and with social justice in the forefront of national conversations, we need your voice more than ever. If you would like to contribute, have feedback or suggestion about the Blog, or would just like to talk through your ideas for a post, please contact CSJE Vice Chair for Social Media Brian Reece or CSJE Blog Coordinator Vijay Kanagala. Posts are accepted in a variety of formats (video, sound, image, etc.). Traditional text posts should be no more than 1,200 words in length.